The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2013-12-12

Neighbourly Love

dvf4
dvf2
dvf5
dvf1
dvf3

Dress? Diane von Furstenberg from The Refinerie (similar hereBomber? Costa Blanca
Boots? c/o Le Canadienne (last year, still availableVest? Vintage rework, Modify your Closet 

I got this dress from The Refinerie, which is a new fancy consignment place on Ottawa St. I thought some deep thoughts when I first saw the dress and then I came back a few weeks later and got it when they were having a party and a sale. Wine and a discount, I'm in. I love that it is a classic DvF wrap dress but the hem is a little shorter and the skirt is a little fuller.
I think it's dangerous to have The Refinerie as the neighbour to my store. Technically, it's not my neighbour but they are close enough to walk over in high heels. And that is how I measure distances... if I can make it to your place in super high heels, we are neighbours. And even better than their close proximity is the fact that they painted a huge, fantastic mural along the one wall. I think they did it as a backdrop for fashion bloggers...;) So kind, right?

15 comments :

Rebecca Jane said...

Beautiful dress! It looks wonderful on you.

Gilkipedia said...

Although I do not love the "furry" vests (or any garment, actually), you pull it off beautifully. Loved the dress!!!

I hope we get to see some pictures with that mural as backdrop, soon!

Naomi said...

The dress is so lovely on you! I too compare distances in heels :P

Anonymous said...

The dress is just fabulous! So glad you finally got it and on sale, while having a drink!, cause is definitely a great piece, and I'm sure you'll be able to style in tons of ways and take it all year round!

Cee. ♥
Code Overdressed

Secondhand Stella said...

Love the fur vest over the jacket. I am going to have to try that myself :)

Anonymous said...

I love how you measure distances, it totally makes sense to me! Love your outfit!

Vivi N. said...

Pretty dress. AMAZING bomber jacket. Together? Great outfit.

Ladies in Navy said...

you look so fantastic in this!
http://www.ladiesinnavy.com

dani said...

The way you combined that vest and jacket makes the most DIVINE statement! Obsessed!

<3 The Daily Dani

Tanya Dempsey said...

OK… kinda obsessed with this coat and the CAPE! (omg, the cape!) in your previous post. Excited to be a part of the vintage series on Belle de Couture with you.

Tanya xx

November Grey

Visit my on camera style series -----> Séchoir

Veronika Novotny said...

Haha, love your "neighbour system"... it sounds perfectly logical to me. As for the dress? Great score, and I'm definitley a sucker for drinking and shopping. Did it recently at LOFT and felt like it's my new calling in life! ;)

xo
By The Shore, a life + style blog

Natali said...

Great boots! The drew is absolutely perfect!

http://lartoffashion.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Such a fabulous dress! Love a good DVF wrap!

www.ashleykiraand.wordpress.com

Unknown said...

This has got to be one of my favorite outfits of anyone ever. I'm dying. That vest over the jacket..I want to steal everything you're wearing and wear it myself. You're one gorgeous bitch with the best legs!

Caramel Latte Kiss said...

Fantastic dress! I think only you could make the combo of leopard, fishnets and fur look classy!