The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2014-03-04

Curve

victor7
victor4
victor2
victor6
victor3
victor8
victor5

Jacket? Vintage, Victor Costa Boots? From a lady I buy jewellery for the store from? Ha, kinda random...
Pants? Joe Fresh Pictures? Shelly Spithoff Photography

I got this jacket (suit actually, it comes with a velvet pencil skirt) from an auction at a thrift store. I saw it hanging with the other jackets way up in the rafters and left a $40 bid in the book based on the fact that it was a Victor Costa. Victor Costa is kind of a master of the 80's and has been good to me in the past. I honestly thought that between the weeks left to bid in the book and the live auction night, I would be completely outbid. I was right... 
But a crazy snow storm on the night of the auction kept people away and the two people who outbid me in the book never picked up the phone, so that left me as the surprised winner of the auction. And since I never even saw the suit close up until after I owned it, I was really happy to see that it was in mint condition, impeccably made, perfectly fit and absolutely crazy... 

Also, not that this will get me an award or even a participation ribbon, but these pictures were officially the coldest and fastest outfit pictures that I've ever been part of. Shelly shot these in 22 second increments over about 3 minutes. She would set up the shot, I would drop my coat, get into place and put on a brave face. Behind the scenes there was a fair amount of cold cursing going on but the pictures came out all fabulous ice queen. It's all smoke and mirrors... and frostbite.

15 comments :

Sparrow Lyn said...

These pictures are gorgeous, you really look like a Queen. Great Jacket too. Hopefully this winter will be over soon Yen....its March already :) from a fellow Bramptonian...Lynda

Sheila said...

That is a spectacular coat - love it!

Leah said...

That jacket is unbelievable! Beautiful pictures.

Brandy said...

You look fantastic! That jacket is unbelievable, amazing post :)

Anonymous said...

SO COOL!!!!

Unknown said...

Impressed with so many things in this post. The fact that you won the bid to get this amazing jacket and took these beautiful photos in such little time..I love this outfit and these photos so much!

krysten15 said...

Love this jacket, what a great find!

Orchid Grey said...

it was worth it - these photos are gorgeous! You'd never know you were freezing. Also, THAT JACKET. Perfection.

ThriftyParka said...

Love the jacket! You look amazing!!

Unknown said...

lovely outfit! That jacket is unbelievable!
latesttrendfashion.com/

Unknown said...

Thats a very unique jacket.

xoxo
Ivy
Fashion: http://www.purrpleivy.com/
Health and Fitness: http://purrple-ivy-fitness.tumblr.com/

Unknown said...

I think this jacket is so fabulous! I love all the funky stuff you rock :)

andnowhilarityensues.blogspot.ca

Caramel Latte Kiss said...

Not sure why, but the jacket looks to me like something you'd wear as part of an ice-skating costume. Which is obviously a good thing.

Jennifer said...

Shut up, so FAB!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Unknown said...

That jacket sure is pretty fabulous! Maybe we can see it with the skirt sometime? Also, I'm impressed by your dedication to take pictures in the freezing cold. Rock on, girl.

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/